Welcome to Chapel of Praise
We desire for Chapel of Praise to be a life-giving community where you can find a true connection to God and others that is refreshing, relational, and relevant to your everyday life.
The vision of Chapel of Praise is to help people find and fulfill their created purpose in Christ. Our heart is that Chapel of Praise will be a place where everyone can discover Christ and His plan for their life. We would love to get to know you and your family to see what God has in store for all of us as we serve Him together.
We look forward to meeting you and seeing you soon. Our services are on Sunday mornings at 10:30am at 15821 Greenwood Road, South Holland, IL 60473. You can find directions and a map to our location at the bottom of our home page. We have a dynamic children’s ministry for those with children in the nursery through the fifth grade. Also, please connect with us on our Chapel of Praise Facebook page and you can stay connected to upcoming events and announcements.
God’s blessings to you and thank you for visiting
Christ Healing Evangelical Church (USA) Inc, a non – profit religious church organization was founded on the 15th of February 1993 and was incorporated by April 15th 2003. The church was an evolution of what started as a house fellowship meeting in the rented apartment of Pastor Talabi at 5817 N. Kenmore Avenue on the North Side of the city of Chicago to encourage and strengthen fellow African and friends from different backgrounds. According to the direction and the leading of the Holy Spirit, and the leadership of Pastor Adegboyega A. Talabi, the fellowship gathered momentum with increased attendance of people of different background, and a Vision was born.
There was a spiritual yearning and the need for identity among those that were present then as the number of families grew to 15 within one month. Having received strong commitment from the people, Pastor Adegboyega A. Talabi, then organize the members who will constitute original incorporators of Christ Healing Evangelical Church (USA Inc.) in 1993.
The Church continues to grow by lips and bumps, and begins to enjoy tremendous growth in the years following. As the membership begins to grow, the church moved from the Apartment into a storefront on 2422 W. Schubert Avenue on near north side of Chicago, and there it continue to enjoy great success.
After its 10th year anniversary in 2003, the church has grown to membership in access of 200 active members including children. Therefore, there was a need for an expanded role of the church to care for the spiritual well been of membership through Christian worship, discipleship, and outreach. This necessitates a need for bigger facility, and so the church leased another facility at 2324 W. Nelson Street Chicago.
In 2002, with the collaboration of the Church leadership, and the entire members, Pastor Talabi and his wife through the leading of the Holy Spirit led the church to acquire an 8.74 Acres of Land in South Holland Illinois. Thereafter, through the commitment of its members, and the community at large that made financial sacrifice toward the construction, the Phase I of Chapel of Praise was completed and dedicated to the glory of God on June 20th, 2008
Our Mission is to glorify God through corporate worship and personal devotion; and to obey the great commission by evangelizing, and making disciples, who will influence their community positively for Christ. (Matthew 28:19-20)
VISION: Under the guidance and leading of the Holy Spirit, we intend to;
- Establish and plant branch churches in North America and Europe.
- Be deliberate in making disciples who in turn produces other disciples.
- Train and equip leaders for the purpose of ministry.
- Establish and organize Christian based educational system where children can grow and fulfill life’s destiny
- All scriptures are inspired as originally written and therefore infallible and inherent (2 Tim. 3:16-17; 2 Pet.1: 21; I Cor.2:13).
- We subscribe to its authority as final.There is one living and true God who exists in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit (Matt 28:19; 2 Cor.13: 14).
- Jesus Christ is the Son of the living God born of a virgin, died on the cross and rose bodily from the dead and is now sitting at the right hand of the Father (Matt.1: 18; Matt. 28; Mk.16; I Cor.15).
- Christ will return to rapture the believers and raise the dead in Christ to take them with Him (I Tess.4: 13-18; John 14:1-3).
- Men inherited a depraved body (Sin Nature) and are lost sinners in need of salvation (Rom.3: 9-19; Eph.2: 1-3).
- God has provided salvation through the offering of His Son on the cross of Calvary allowing His blood to be shed for the atonement of our sins (Rom. 3:25; Heb.9: 22).
- Justification comes when we recognize ourselves as sinners, and put our trust in Christ as the Son of God and His finished work on the Cross of Calvary. Salvation is by grace through faith plus nothing (Rom. 3:24; Eph 2:8-9).
- God gave everyone a free will to choose his or her place in eternity. Kingdom of heaven or eternity in hell is by a man’s choice. (Ezek. 18:20-26).
- Baptism of the Holy Spirit is scriptural and other tongues accompany it. The in-filling of the Holy Spirit is a continuous process throughout the lifetime of a believer, resulting in the reproduction of Christ like-character in the believer and the ennoblement to exercise spiritual gifts (I Cor.12; Acts 2:1-2; Mark 16:17). The in-dwelling occurs at salvation.
- The Bible teaches and we believes in the eternal blessedness of the saved (John.14: 14; 5:24) and the eternal punishment of the finally impenitent (Rev.20: 10; Matt.25: 46).
- The grace of God has appeared to all men and teaches us to “live soberly, righteously, and Godly and to look forward for the blessed hope of eternal life in Christ Jesus (Tit. 2: 11-13).
Service Times & Directions
SUNDAYS @ 9:00 & 11:30 AM
Believers Bible Fellowship: Starts @ 10:30 a.m. & Ends 11:30 a.m. BEFORE THE 2nd SERVICE
First Time Visitors Receive a Complimentary Gift
15821 Greenwood Road, South Holland, IL 60473